When I began blogging in April, it was as a source of outlet and in order to share my experiences of becoming a traveler – telling my story. If you, too, have become part of this blogging world, you may early on have discovered how supportive bloggers are of each others – it’s a lovely community! As a result, the brilliant Riddhi from Pick a Smile recently nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I cannot thank her enough for her kind consideration.
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers in order to support and encourage them in their blogging. The guidelines for receiving the award varies, however, the general rules are as follows:
– Post your award to your blog in a blog post
– Answer the 10 questions that were given to you by the fellow blogger who nominated you
– Nominate 3-10 other bloggers you have discovered with less than 3,000 followers
– Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Riddhi formulated the following ten questions for me to answer:
- Why did you choose the topic for your blog?
I chose the topic for my blog (becoming a traveler) due to the fact that it is my life goal, or one of them at least – to become a traveler… To travel the world and become a traveler has been my dream since I was very young, and now I’m grown-up enough to follow it. So my blog, simply, follows me on my journey, so to speak, and includes takes from my everyday life on this journey of becoming a traveler
- What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day?
A lot of things, actually. However, music, my friends and the TV series, Friends, always leave me with a smile on my lips
- How do you define happiness?
That’s a very complicated and comprehensive question…
…In short, happiness, for me, is an emotional state of mind in which a person is not only content with him- or herself in a certain situation, however, also pleased by their own role (behaviour, action/reaction) in the situation. For me, happiness can be distinct to both a situation in one’s life or one’s life itself. I believe happiness is something you can choose to be – although, I believe it’s linked to positivity
- What is your favourite quote?
”When nothing is certain, everything is possible” by Margaret Drabble
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
If I could change one thing about myself, I would like to be more patient. I become impatient so quickly – not just concerning everyday situations such as waiting in line at the grocery store, however, also with life itself. As such, I want to travel the world now, my career now, find that special someone now… Unfortunately (or maybe luckily?), things don’t happen now but have a tendency to evolve and happen gradually
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My favourite thing about myself is my open-mindedness and my ability to perceive people, behaviour and situations from different perspectives
- What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is that I let life get in the way of following and reaching my dreams
- Who/what inspires you?
My curiosity inspires me
- What motivates you to blog?
As a personal outlet, I must admit that my blog is the result of some rather selfish needs such as my need to communicate with other people, reflect on myself and describe my personal hopes, dreams, beliefs and behaviour
- Which song makes you happy?
I can only choose one…!? Oh dear! The horror! … There are so many… I cannot just choose one, that simply wouldn’t be fair to all the great songs out there. I can, however, tell you what has been on repeat on my phone for the last couple of days: Iwan Rheon with ”Changing Times.” Rheon is a wonderful singer-songwriter that I’ve recently discovered
I have chosen to nominate the following four bloggers due to their brilliance. I truly enjoy following these blogs:
Congratulations, dear fellow bloggers!
Your questions are as follows:
- Why did you decide to create a blog?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- Which three words would you use to describe your blog?
- Which three words would you use to describe yourself?
- What or whom inspires and motivates you in your life?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favourite place or destination in the world (your home excluded)?
- What or whom is your favourite song or music artist(s)?
- What are your hopes and dreams for your future?
- When you have passed away, how would you hope people characterise you?
I look forward to reading your answers as well as check out your nominees.